Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sweet little blessings!

We've been battling the sickies this week, or rather just barely surviving! Poor little Carter hasn't been able to sleep day or night, which means neither can John or I...we've been spending a lot of time on the couch with our little one, praying that "Tonight will be the night Carter sleeps longer than 15 minutes at a time!" To top it off I've been sick as well, so it seems Carter and I just go rounds at being grumpy to each other all day...and night...my sister was so kind to offer to hold Miss Fuss, as I was laying pathetically on the couch...Carter wouldn't have any of it...so I eventually pulled it together as mothers do and tried to rock her...but she was so riled up she just kept on a'wailin...she was SOOOO tired, I knew if she would just fall asleep in my arms she would continue to sleep if I held her for a few hours...
Bless my nephews heart...he just loves Cousin Carter....he sat on the couch, said a few words to her and put his finger out for her to hold...she grabbed hold, stopped crying, turned her head and fell right to sleep! He was excitedly watching a movie, and pulled his hand away a few times...of which caused her to wake up and stare at him as if she were thinking "Um, excuse me, I was holding that finger...put it back please so I can sleep!" Again, the only thing that soothed her back into much needed slumber was holding his finger...what a PRICELESS moment!!!
We've noticed that these two have a special bond...baby Carter does love all of her cousins, and the fun entertainment that they provide...but Carter and Parker I think will be bff's! They just love each other, Brook and I are sure they must have had a great friendship in the preexistence!
What a sweet little blessing to watch these two interact...and a HUGE blessing to have had Carter sleep...if only for a little while!

No comments:

Post a Comment