Saturday, March 5, 2011

Owen and such!!!

First I better give an Owen update!!! I had a follow up ultrasound at 33 weeks because they thought I might have placenta previa...but there are no problems thank goodness! The best part at getting to have another ultrasound of course was getting to peek at Owen's little face again! He was turned towards my right hip and had his face smashed up against my pelvis, so it was hard to get a good picutre(hence his nose looks like it's been cut off!), but thanks to a patient and kind ultrasound tech we got a few good looks! He was smiling the whole time and moving his mouth like he was talking to me, although I'm know he was just practicing his breathing, he's got a round little face like his sister did that makes me just want to pinch and kiss those cheeks! He's growing strong and healthy, what more could a mother ask for!!! Oh, I almost forgot, apparently it looks like he has a full head of hair...but i've been told such statements from ultrasound techs often are proven false...so we anxiously await!

Our last Dr. appt concluded that my actual due date should be closer to the 9th than the 17th of April, and as previously promised by the good doc, he'll be inducing me a week early, so April 5th will be this litle guys birthday!!! I joked that my kids could have the same birthday as Carter's is the 6th of April, but he assured me that we'd have a baby on the 5th, as he's starting me early in the morning! It's almost worse having an actual day guaranteed to have a baby rather than play the waiting game, it makes the countdown almost unbearable...it seems overnight i've gone from being able to sleep inbetween bathroom trips-to tossing and turning in my pillow made nest (poor John can't even get close to me at night!), all of the sudden there's NO energy in my reserve, but plenty of heart burn to go around! AT LEAST I learned from my pregnancy with Carter how little = overdoing it....so i'm learning to pace myself a little better, but boy to I feel like a bump on a log!!!

Well, on a different note, I had fun the other day doing a little creating....obviously my brain is still on the girl wave, but since these are for a church activity it's ok right?! The celebration over the organization of the Relief Society is in the form of a birthday party in our ward, and we each are to bring a 5x7 framed something to exchange as gifts, so everyone gets something.....i'm not too good at creating sophisticated things, so I thought for sure there would be a young mom with a little girl that could appreciate a little something to put on the wall in her daughter's room!






1 comment:

  1. I told Johnny this but if you're getting induced on the 5th you might as well move it up to the 4th so Owen can share his birthday with me :)

    ReplyDelete