Saturday, June 18, 2011

Owen Boy Update

Since both of my children are taking extremely long naps today, I thought I should do a little update on my Owen boy!!!
He's getting SO BIG...many jaws drop when people find out he's only 2 and half months old! He's sure trying his best to catch up to the size his sister was at this age!!! He's slowly but surely starting to really get into a schedule, although he's not sleeping through the night, he is only waking up once in the middle of the night....he LOVES to sleep on his tummy just like Carter did, and will sleep MUCH longer and more sound if I put him on his tummy, but I just am not brave enough to do it at night until my babies can roll over on their own....when I do lay him down on his back, he's EXACTLY like Carter...I know he'll stay asleep if he puts his arms up by his head...I wonder if there's some odd genetic explanation as to why both of my children sleep this way???!!!!
Owen chilling pool side, while we swim, to try and beat the heat!!! He does get pretty sweaty in his car seat, and swing when we're outside, but we don't linger too long in the heat, and he obviously is hydrated by drinking so much throughout the day! I think the noise of everyone swimming is soothing, because he'll usually sleep the whole time we're playing in the water....so far every pool we've been to has been to cold for such a little guy, we dipped his feet in, and boy was that a mistake...and he let us know it!!!He's such a smiley and happy baby!!! He's also becoming quite "talkative"...I LOVE baby coo's and gurgles...he chuckles in his sleep and has since he was first born...i'm trying to find his funny bone, so far his most ticklish spot is under his arms, and the sides of his chest...he's come so close to doing a full belly laugh...but darn it....it still eludes us!!! Every night before sleepy time, I rub him down with lotion and try tickling him and talking to him to get him going, it works.......ALMOST....hopefully we'll get that first true laugh soon!!!Thank you Aunt Kathy for the cute sunglasses! Don't you think Owen looks like one pretty cool dude in them?! Carter thinks it's SO funny that brother has "gass" too!....yes, that's right, for the life of me I can't get her to pronouce... "GLASSES" it ALWAYS comes out as "GAS" hahaha! Whenever we're out and about and she talks about gas, I just chuckle...she also loves to "fix" things, unfortunately it sounds like she's swearing when she says "I fick it"...like just today in the mall, she tripped and fell...I look back to see a few teenagers trying to help her up, of which she declined their help...jumped up, clapped and said "TA DA....I FICK IT"!!!! Everyone around just laughed and ...awwwwwwwed...."how cute"!

No comments:

Post a Comment