So many cute things to post today, the vocabulary and thought process of an almost 4 yr old sure make for some entertaining memories, definitely worth jourggling about....how do you like that new fancy word I've made up??? Jourggling: Meaning to journal in blog form....if I say I'm "blogging" I feel like I have to be a professional that advertises or claims some expertise or something or other...but if I say I'm "journaling" well that seems like a chore that will never get done and never end....so I'm JOURGGLING!!!!
I'm pretty sure I have one of the funniest almost 4 yr olds on earth...I love to sit and ask her questions, and anxiously await her sometimes creative....sometimes logical...sometimes analytical and sometimes silly answers!!! The other day I noticed her sucking on her finger, and then shoving it up her nose....when asked why she was doing this....her reply: "So I can put water on my boogies, and make them soft so I can get them out.....see I can't (insert strong sniff) sniff it down so it has to come out"....I've never thought to try it, but hey...sounds logical...just might work!
Later that day we looked through an Ensign magazine that was all about temples...we talked about why he have them, why we go to them, how special we feel there, and how beautiful they are...of course we talked about getting married there and I explained in short the process of kneeling at the altar with the boy you really love and how you have to repeat some words and then you can kiss the boy and everyone there is so happy for you....she promptly got a terrified and semi repulsed look on her face, and angrily said "That is too scary for me?"...I tried to talk to her about what was too scary but she shut down...I approached the subject again later....to find out that she doesn't like to kiss boys and that it's icky!!!....awwww.....atta girl! You just keep that attitude for another 20 yrs or so! Of course, she couldn't be convinced that some day she would really want to kiss them and would like it ta-boot!!!
Every day Carter gets up at the crack of dawn....slowly now I've noticed a set pattern of funny rituals that she follows out each and every morning...lets just say this kids really likes routine and things done her way...first of all she goes potty, while in the bathroom she climbs up on the toilet to reach a shelf which up until recently held my few expensive and sentimental pieces of jewelry....well, she would take my jewels out or a little box and replace it with her cheap plastic ones...I would remove hers and put mine back that were always sitting on the counter waiting for me...until one day they were not waiting for me...after a slight interrogation she was able to promptly find my missing jewels in her room....I learned my lesson, they're now WAY up and out of sight even....HOWEVER there's one jewelry ritual I've let continue and it cracks me up EVERY MORNING...it's the BEST way to start my day.......when I awaken and slowly haul my fat pregnant and groggy self up the stairs to the bathroom...I'm greeted by this silly, slight of 4 yr old hand.....
....."Carter" I say....."were you playing with my earrings this morning?"....her reply.... "Um....(insert silly mischievous grin)...yes Mommy"....I say "I thought I asked you not to touch my jewels (although these are cheap, they are my fave, and I wear them every day)".....she says... "well, I just like them like that because now one is like a girl and one is like a boy".......
Do you see it??? The "girl" and the "boy"...the fuzzy picture is bad, but you get the point, by turning the earring back around it becomes a beautiful dress for a one legged princess!!! BAHAHAHA!!! It's our silly little morning ritual that melts my heart!
I don't have much on Owen today, except that the closer he gets to his second birthday which is only a month and a half away (WHATTT???) he amazes me with these bursts of development....he's grown so tall, although not any more proportionate to his BIG head...he's learning to be a big boy, and try to say words and talk to people instead of yelling and hitting all of the time...he's eager to sleep in a twin bed rather than a crib (but he still likes being caged and sleeps well, so for now he stays put...at least until he figures how to climb out!)....and although they have a love hate relationship he really loves to play with "Thissy"....and gets so sad now that......
Sissy gets to go to preschool, from 10:30- 2 Monday through Thursday!!!
Today was her first day, we signed her up at the preschool across the street mid-year because after telling myself "She gets one more year of preschool, we'll just wait till next year"...I realized that the little big girl needed something special, just for her that made her feel big, important and special!!! We were going to put her in dance or gymnastics, but money goes fast and this preschool is free!!!
We decided to take a few traditional first day of school photos, of course brother just HAD to be in a few! Look and this girls happy, excited, twinkly shining face!!! She was so grown up and brave about going to school, I think she could have quite confidently walked herself across the street, marched into the classroom and jumped right in...when we dropped her off she gave me a kiss and then off she went...the teacher reported she was a little hesitant for a while, but eased in, and was SUCH a GOOD GIRL!!! I couldn't be more proud....I didn't think I'd have a moment of..."golly, I'm leaving my baby girl with strangers for almost 4 hours" but I did, and silly me... the scariest part...leaving her in the midst of kids who could be mean and break her little heart...thankfully she has 4 or 5 friends that she knows from church and the neighborhood in class, so I knew she'd be fine!
No comments:
Post a Comment